[vbox-dev] The command 'VBoxManage.exe list vms' cannot work in VirtualBox4.3.12
Fei Wang
2014-07-28 06:39:53 UTC
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
The command 'VBoxManage.exe list vms' cannot work in 4.3.12, but works well
in 4.2.16. Why ?
C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox>VBoxManage.exe list vms
VBoxManage.exe: error: Failed to create the VirtualBox object!
VBoxManage.exe: error: Code E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057) - One or more
arguments ar e invalid (extended info not available)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server is not running
or failed to start.
looks to me like the VBoxSVC service crashes for some reason. That command
works fine here on Windows with VBox 4.3.12 so I wonder if you have some
special setup.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 M?nchen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht M?nchen, HRA 95603
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: J?rgen Kunz

Komplement?rin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher