[vbox-dev] Who's interested in automated guest OS install ?
Alexey Eromenko
2014-10-13 18:42:31 UTC

A few years ago, I have written a patch, that install guest OSes automatically.
Anyone interested to try it out?

Here:
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46798&p=211187#p211187

It builds on Linux hosts against VBox 4.1.x code tree. I stopped
development due to lack of interest, but could revive it.

This code is conceptually similar to what VMware does with it's "Easy
install" feature, but is written by me.
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"
Vladimir Filipović
2014-10-15 00:37:08 UTC
From: Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com>
A few years ago, I have written a patch, that install guest OSes automatically.
Anyone interested to try it out?
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46798&p=211187#p211187
It builds on Linux hosts against VBox 4.1.x code tree. I stopped
development due to lack of interest, but could revive it.
This code is conceptually similar to what VMware does with it's "Easy
install" feature, but is written by me.
Hi Alexey,

Sounds like a cool feature. If you're motivated to continue, I
wouldn't worry too much about lack of response on this list.