[vbox-dev] implement new PCI device
David Cohen
2014-09-09 02:16:40 UTC

I would like to understand how to implement a new PCI device on vbox.
Is there a documentation I could find somewhere?

BR, David
tfones
2014-09-09 17:59:27 UTC
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
What do you mean implement a device?
Do you have the device?
I am implementing a virtual device and want it to be listed in the
PCI table.
Are you designing a new device?
I am designing the device.
Have you looked at http://www.htfsoftware.com ?
That seems interesting. But my main target is Linux :)

Br, David Cohen
Klaus Espenlaub
2014-09-10 17:01:06 UTC
David,
Post by David Cohen
Hi,
I would like to understand how to implement a new PCI device on vbox.
Is there a documentation I could find somewhere?
There is quite some documentation on the various building blocks for a
device in the doxygen docs (PDM), and there are some sample devices (not
sure if any of them are PCI actually), see

https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Devices/Samples
https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/ExtPacks/BusMouseSample

Of course - thanks to being open source - you can look at a whole
collection of device emulations which are used in VirtualBox, some of
them simple, some of them extremely complex, illustrating a wide range
of device functionality, most of them PCI:

https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Devices

Klaus
Post by David Cohen
BR, David