[vbox-dev] Problems with Win 10 TP on VirtualBox
Shyamal Chandra
2014-10-16 01:02:54 UTC

I am trying to install Win 10 TP on VirtualBox (after checking out the
SHA-1 hash) and I am getting the following error:

[image: Inline image 1]

Does the community have any ways to tackle this problem?

Thanks!

Best,

Shyamal Chandra
shyamalc at gmail.com
Post by Shyamal Chandra
Hi,
I am trying to install Win 10 TP on VirtualBox (after checking out the
[black screen of death]
Post by Shyamal Chandra
Does the community have any ways to tackle this problem?
The typical cause of this is that you picked the wrong guest OS type.
For 8.1 and later it is important that Windows 8.1 is picked, because it
requires additional CPU features, otherwise it will show the above black
screen of death.

It's of course also possible that your CPU doesn't meet the minimum
requirements for 8.1/10, and then you're out of luck.

Klaus
Post by Shyamal Chandra
Thanks!
Best,