[vbox-dev] Virtual Machine Provider
Federica Renzi
2014-06-24 17:32:34 UTC
Hi everybody!
I really don't know if It's correct to ask my question here but at least
I've tried..

It's a bit complicated to explain....specially because I'm not english! So,
excuse me if it is not understandable.

I need to create my own virtual machine using VirtualBox inside a remote
virtual machine rendered by some providers. The reason is that I would like
to use, on a remote machine, the Virtualbox SDK to control my own VM.

Does anybody know if there is some kind of favorite option between
providers to achieve that?

Your prompt feedback would be appreciated
Thanks and Regards
--
Federica Renzi
-------------- next part --------------
If the question is : ?Can I remotely control Virtualbox??, then the answer is yes you can, using the WebServices if you want to keep it strictly Virtualbox SDK.

Else, projects like Hyperbox <http://hyperbox.altherian.org/> (I am the creator) and phpVirtualBox <http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpvirtualbox/> exist that make it easier to do so.

No, I'm really sorry for being unclear but the question is about nested
virtualization.
I know that virtualbox doesn't support hardware assisted virtualization,
but some other software do. So I'm wondering if i can use virtualbox on a
guest machine (handled by some other virtualization software, like kvm o
vmware), to run a nested 64-bit guest machine.

thanks
Post by Maxime Dor
If the question is : ?Can I remotely control Virtualbox??, then the answer
is yes you can, using the WebServices if you want to keep it strictly
Virtualbox SDK.
Else, projects like Hyperbox <http://hyperbox.altherian.org/> (I am the
creator) and phpVirtualBox
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpvirtualbox/> exist that make it
easier to do so.
Federica Renzi
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
VirtualBox doesn't support nested hardware virtualization for its guests
yet.

However, you should be able to run VirtualBox 64-bit guests with
hardware virtualization support provided the outer level hypervisor
(vmware, kvm) support nested virtualization for its guests.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ram.
Post by Federica Renzi
No, I'm really sorry for being unclear but the question is about
nested virtualization.
I know that virtualbox doesn't support hardware assisted
virtualization, but some other software do. So I'm wondering if i can
use virtualbox on a guest machine (handled by some other
virtualization software, like kvm o vmware), to run a nested 64-bit
guest machine.
thanks
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
I thought the same thing but I've already tried to achieve that using kvm
as first level and It didn't work.
For this reason I asked here...I hope there is someone who already tested
this scenario on some other software virtualization having success....

Again, thank you!