[vbox-dev] No more supports DrvStoregeFilter Sample ?
Woof
2014-08-29 02:33:18 UTC
I treid DrvStoregeFilter sample, but it makes crash. because PDMIMEDIA does
not have pfnGetSectorSize member.

so add that function but still occur access violation on running time. ;(

I wanna to know this sample is not supported now?

working on 4.3.12 (4.3.14 makes crash with A/Vs..)

I hope just not updated problem.. :|

Thanks. :D
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hm..

I fixed crash, it was in below interface.

these code could not get pfnDiscard and pfnStartDiscard members.
pThis->pIMediaBelow = PDMIBASE_QUERY_INTERFACE(pIBaseBelow,
PDMIMEDIA);
pThis->pIMediaAsyncBelow = PDMIBASE_QUERY_INTERFACE(pIBaseBelow,
PDMIMEDIAASYNC);

Actually, below is DrvVD. it has allocated drvvdDiskcard(),
drvvdStartDiscard(). but members are NULL.

so.. I tried to assign these functions using debugger, it does not make
crash but does not work.

finally, i modified when it call below driver interface member, if the
interface member is null, just return success(0). it seems like no problem.

*If this sample is still valid, should be fixed these point.*
** it needs pfnGetSectorsize member in iMedia*
** Checks below interface functions pointer*

thanks~

ps.. I do not know when that members are ignored.. ;(
Post by Woof
I treid DrvStoregeFilter sample, but it makes crash. because PDMIMEDIA
does not have pfnGetSectorSize member.
so add that function but still occur access violation on running time. ;(
I wanna to know this sample is not supported now?
working on 4.3.12 (4.3.14 makes crash with A/Vs..)
I hope just not updated problem.. :|
Thanks. :D
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Sorry about separated Questions.

How can i figure out pfnTranserCompleteNotify callback from read or write?
and its buffers information.

i wanna write encryption/decryption filter for HDD Image. am i right way??

Thanks..
Post by Woof
I treid DrvStoregeFilter sample, but it makes crash. because PDMIMEDIA
does not have pfnGetSectorSize member.
so add that function but still occur access violation on running time. ;(
I wanna to know this sample is not supported now?
working on 4.3.12 (4.3.14 makes crash with A/Vs..)
I hope just not updated problem.. :|
Thanks. :D
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hi Woof,

the DrvStorageFilter sample apparently became somewhat broken due to the
introduction of new optional functionality. Minor bit rot, will be fixed
in the next 4.3 release. If you're impatient,
https://www.virtualbox.org/changeset/52547/vbox shows what changes are
needed to get it working.
Post by Woof
Sorry about separated Questions.
How can i figure out pfnTranserCompleteNotify callback from read or
write? and its buffers information.
i wanna write encryption/decryption filter for HDD Image. am i right way??
Not really... for such functionality we introduced filter support at the
VD layer level (which has the necessary means to implement this, a
generic storage filter driver has far less possibilities) - and the fact
that we're introducing such support should be a clear enough hint that
we're working on such functionality already.

BTW, if you have trouble with 4.3.14, try the latest test build in
https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/13187 and let us know if it addresses
your problems (or what's the exact error you're getting).

Klaus
Thanks..