[vbox-dev] Can i get a Audio Interface ?
iamhatling
2014-06-25 08:13:57 UTC
I wrote a VboxFrontend like the VboxHeadless.
Now i can transfer the Vbox Video Output to the remote machine.
But the sound is still playing in local
i want to know how to get a Audio Output in the host.

iamhatling
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by iamhatling
I wrote a VboxFrontend like the VboxHeadless.
I don't understand why you wrote a new frontend for remote output
instead of a VRDE module which would plug into VBoxHeadless, achieving
the same result with I assume far less effort and the support for
playing audio where the remote client is running.

The VirtualBox sources contain the VNC module as a sample (can't refer
to the VRDP module as that's closed source). VRDE module can be
distributed separately in the form of an extension pack...
Post by iamhatling
Now i can transfer the Vbox Video Output to the remote machine.
But thesound is stillplaying in local
This means you configured the VM to play audio locally. Just don't do
that, tell it to use AudioDriverType_Null.

If you'd use the VRDE module approach then it would still get the audio
input/output data.
Post by iamhatling
i want to know how to get a Audio Output in the host.
The last request is contradicting the general tune, the host is where
the VM is running (not where the video output is shown). Ignoring this line.

Klaus
Post by iamhatling
iamhatling